Saturday, April 01, 2006

Grown Up Children

Original Post Date : August 15, 2005

Ordinary day in office.

I have a hobby to collect Disney miniature figurines. Miniatures, as the height of the miniatures are no more than 4 cm. I get it from those ball machines. Put a dollar in, and turn. :)

So far, I have quite a lot of collections. Because they are mini, they don’t use so much space; only at the corner slightly bigger than A4 size paper can hold many of them. There is a guy in my next-door department who likes to collect those things also, guess gender is not a point. Sometimes we exchange or give each other. He prefers slightly bigger figurines.

One day, early in the morning he came to my table, bringing a big bag and started taking out everything. Toys, many toys were scattered around in my table. He said he was clearing his house and wanted to give some of them away. There were many cute ones, including the snoopy series around the world from McDonald. Funny crazy guy, although I was nervous that my big boss would walk in, It was nice of him, so I picked the snoopies and he brought the rest back. He said since I liked the snoppies he would bring the rest of the series for me.

So, the day after, in the mid day, while almost everybody in my department was around, he came again to my table and brought much bigger bag and started to take everything out. He even demonstrated the toys, some of them were very cute, singing, jumping up and down, rolling eyes, tu tu train, basketball, astronaut, and all cute Disney characters. Because of the noise and the colorful thingy in my table, soon everyone was gather around.

To my surprise (I thought they would laugh), all of them started to play, some even asked for the toys he brought. Mhehhehehe, I guess everyone are only grown up children, we always has playful side, although maybe, some has more, some has less. :)

So, I have 40-50 over snoopy figurines from all over the world resting in my cupboard now thanks to him. ;)

Now I gotta find a way to shrink them into my desirable size, about 50% off. :)