Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bambinos

Original Post Date : September 20, 2005

It’s Monday again!

Argh.. Weekend and weekend passed by without water. :”(

Morning I had to rush a deadline, skipped breakfast and had a late lunch. Not eating was fine, but the difficult part was to fight the urge to go to toilet ><. After finishing the work, I found the toilet was occupied. Huh, so I was just sitting here feeling…(sorry)…crappy. :)

Alone in the weekend, Hubby worked OT. So, I did the weekend routine; cleaning, moping, laundry etc. After that played games for hours and watched old vcds; Life Is Beautiful and Edward Scissorhand. Still love them. Bored with games, waiting for Commandos 4 to be released. Hubby bought me two Doraemon DVD previously. We watched few stories. On the second story, he suddenly asked, “Hey, why they use ‘shit’ word for translation?” We sat there started to laugh, then my eyes were popping up catching the word ‘f**k’. I pointed it to him and a second later, (we were eating), I almost nyembur nasi looking at the a**hole word. Holly molly, I didn’t know we could find this type of translation in Doraemon. We still have one and three quarter of DVD, gotta see what else can we find later. :)

Didn’t have chance to post, so Tuesday…

My colleague is in the middle of waiting for his baby to come out. So, I feel excited for him too. There are two married girls in our lunch group, both are ‘newly wed’ kekekeke, always feel like that. So the males like to question us about when we are going to have babies. With new government bonus (although I think nothing is really fantastic about that, and it only works for Singaporeans), they try to bring up the number of babies, because Sgp is reaching dangerous statistic about no enough babies. :) So, since then, we can see pregnant women everywhere. I’m scared of bumping into them, as I always walk carelessly and like to stumble myself. If I saw them, I would take a big round so that they are at least a meter from me. Worse, on rainy day, the pavements are damn slippery, gotta grip tightly on Hubby or if alone, I will walk behind grandmas. Hehehe, in that way, people would think that I’m a courteous person, instead of young person who walks like grandmas on rainy days. Oh, and pregnant women like to put their belly right before your nose in the train to get your seat. Sometimes it’s quite wobbling if you are tired, have jelly-like leg and low blood pressure darkness, but we don’t have those condition written in forehead or shown in our belly, so have to give the seats up, but face it, they are carrying a person, so of course, they win.

So, back to baby thingy, my this female friend says that she doesn’t see why she need to have baby. I was quite surprised myself, I thought she wants, but not now, like me, but what she said is meant for forever. It was quite fun to hear them debating, her and my father to be friend. They were making their points although I don’t agree that she viewed children as investment, and that with the amount of money needed to spend on a child is more than enough for retirement. When money involved, everything sounds ugly. I’m sure if my parent thought that way, I would be flying somewhere between the stars, wehewww, I mean, I won’t be here.

But I also don’t think that having a child is a have and see condition. It’s very nice to see cute, well behaved and well taken care of nephews, friend’s child etc, but for having own child the responsibility is heavy! My colleagues said, have one first, if you don’t have time, put it in Jakarta. It sounds like I go to Toys R Us, pick a Barbie, if I don’t have time to play, I keep it in cupboard. Crazy head! The difference of having one or two is not much, but have and don’t have is like heaven and earth.

On my brother’s wedding, a cousin came to me and asked me this cliché question. I always think this kind of question is only some kind of icebreaker. Admit it, they don’t really care; they just need something to talk about. If my parent won’t be cursed for not educate me, I would have said,’ Ow.. cut that crap.’

So she was quite ‘concern’, she was only few years older than me I guess. She said,“Don’t worry about everything. It’s not a difficult and big decision; look at me. I have three kids and we’re doing good. They grow up well.” While one of her kids was trying to punch and struggle his brother, yelling and screaming, another one was grabbing two handfuls of souvenirs without permission and drooling onto the guess book.

After saying that, she turned into her kids and pinched them, “Hey, you guys! Be quiet! Wait until I get home and slap you hard in the heads!”

Yawn, I wish from twenty to thirty is 20 years. Too much things people think need to be done between this span of life. Graduate, get a job, get a boyfriend (proper one), get married, get enough money to marry, enough money to buy house, and have kids. Holly molly