Sunday, April 02, 2006

My Weekend

Original Post Date : September 26, 2005

I love Spinelli’s Cafe Latte (sp?), I dooo! This morning I had one, actually I’d love to have it every morning, but it’s more expensive than my lunch. So, I only buy it to treat myself when I’m extra sleepy, tired, and looking forward a not-so-bright day.

Leo couldn’t make it on Saturday, so met Uka only and went shopping after that. Bought a mesh backpack and storm whistle. Uh-uh, I thought storm whistle was a rare thing, I had never seen it before, so I pictured the conversation would be like this,” Waaah, you’re looking for storm whistle? What’s that for? Extra safety? That’s an impressive caution, but unfortunately we don’t have it here, so you have to place an order, we’ll send it, and you can collect it six months later.” Honestly, I thought that, ;p, since I didn’t see anybody carried that before and I hadn’t heard a single person here talked about it. Mhehehehe, on the contrary, it was hanging everywhere in every shop and it looks like common whistle, so disappointing. >:|

But anyway, I got a nice backpack mesh, so hopefully it ends the day I have to carry that bloody heavy bag with one hand or one shoulder. A little bit extra shopping needed to be done next week and that’s it.

Went to Hubby’s church on Sunday. Hubby’s church, because we take turn. One week is my turn, Catholic Church; the week after is his. Mine, his, mine, his. Although the practice is more like, mine, skip, skip, his, skip, his, skip, skip, mine…Our churches are quite alike, same root, and we’re practical, so we don’t lose sleep in this difference at all.

So, Sunday, there was a good preacher. Usually I don’t like preacher who only says let’s worship, all angelic talk but nothing more, or preacher who talk softly than suddenly scream out loud, I could only give that look ‘Hel-lo, somebody is trying to sleep here’, but I couldn’t say it :D. Churches are not meant for sleeping in but I do it in maybe 70% of my visits, but when the preacher is good, funny and casual, I would enjoy. :)

After that, yummy! We went to Indonesian restaurant, the name is funny, Ayam Penyet, sound like Chickens which had been sit on. It’s about 85%, but still great. I love the tempe goreng :”)), and Teh Botol, hehhehe...but the cook must be crazy, the chilli was damn hot and spicy, we were all teary-eyes, and I was almost extinct. I can’t even take moderate spicy, let alone this chilli from hell, but still, we had good meal. So good until I took nap that afternoon. After graduated, I had never took nap since, I don’t like it, because it makes me feel a bit more stupid when I wake up. :) Blur, a little out of direction and way too smiley and friendly. :)

On Friday we went to Gramophone and became its member, so for 30 dollars, we can rent unlimited dvd for a month, 3 dvds per taking. We watched Fahrenheit 9/11 (finally) and it took my breath away. Politic is filthy, what to say. I believe there are thousands and thousands of conspiracy everywhere to be discovered. I haven’t closed my jaw since I watched documentary analysis saying that moon landing was fake. FAKE! And I had a file full of cliping collections about that when I was in Senior High.

We watched Spanglish from Adam Sandler, I thought it was a comedy, but it was drama, quite a good one, the third one was disappointing. Living Seas, music by Sting, there were few breathtaking underwater videos, but that was it, they repeated it over and over again. It only scratched the surface of what they wanted to deliver.

Okay, we finished three dvds in one day, and on Saturday, we went back to the shop. But the door was half closed, so it was a rolling door, and only one third of it was hanging above the floor. We hesitated for a while, then I decided to sneak in. Woah, the guy almost jumped when I ‘crawled’ inside. It was a restock day, so they were closed. Hiks.

I keep going back and forth, no sequence here.

After rented dvd on Friday we dropped by James’s shop, same building, did some price check on things we wanted to buy. It was torturing, visited dive shop on Friday night while everyone was prepared to leave for weekend. So we had to walk through mountains of dive bags and found James inside the shop. We had quite a long chat, he shared his story about diving in Menado, it was killing us! We were drooling; eyes were popping, while he enjoyed himself talking about pigmy seahorse, and whale! They saw whale from the boat, too bad they were not fast enough to jump down. The rest of story was too much to take……… :”O

Yay, my father-to-be colleague had become a father on Thursday. Last time, the exciting question was ‘boy or girl?’. In modern technology, we have to find another thing to ask. So our questions was like, “Ehm, how long was the baby’s hair?” I almost choked when my other colleague asked that. Mhehehe. What a funny question.