Sunday, April 02, 2006

Counting Down

Original Post Date : November 06, 2005

Late for work on Friday, there were some problems with the train.
“Ladies and gentlemen, the train is delayed due to the train ‘fog’ in front of us.”
Something like that. Huh?

What? Fog? Where the hell am I? London?
Come to think of it, maybe it was train FAULT. Nahhhh. Make more sense.
(Note: person under medication)

On Friday afternoon, I was Kaput. My friend liked to say, “My body is not delicious.”
She used direct translation from Indonesian. So, visited expensive doctor in the afternoon and brought home a bunch of medicine. Expensive doctor means the one who is not covered by office insurance, those under insurance are often crap, they are expert with ‘we won’t tell you but we strongly believe it won’t work’ drugs.

So, there burnt my weekend. I slept, slept and slept. Every day almost 12 hours each day, the coughing drug was so strong that I felt as sleepy as crazy, I don’t like that sleepy zombie feeling, make me feel much more stupid than ..ugh…. my boss??
But I took all the medicines, cross my finger hoping to fully recover before H-day.

Anyway, I’m here in the office on Monday but still feeling crappy, I had to drag my feet to come.
Last week, with those Senen-Rabu-Jumat working days, every day is Friday, sooo nice hehehhee..

Tuesday night Monster-Bali Group gathered together. It was officially our first meeting with a complete member of this trip. I always think that we were ok, not so monster, but after that night, I was convinced that we deserved that name. We are easy to deal with if separated, but once we gather….
That night, we tortured the dive shop, meeting point. Then we went to Chinese restaurant and had a few-courses meal, until no other guests were around, didn’t realize, we were still laughing and having fun. I think the waiters wanted to kick our groins desperately. (Note: I don’t have)

So we moved to a nice coffee house and continued until pass midnight. As usual, we only spent few minutes to talk about what we needed to talk, the rest we were just ball-bull around and cracked jokes.
So, final it is. Four days to go.

I have decided that I want to try everything for every chance I have, end up, there are too many things that I like after I tried them.
I’ve never thought ocean could be such a magnet for me. Once tried, twice addicted.
They are like calling me, pulling my ears to taste their sand on my feet, sun and salt on my skin, and wind slapping me up and down (I’m trying to make it sounds romantic…, it doesn’t, does it?). We are so in love with them, until every time we visit one, all we want to do are kick out our heels, run to their embraces and swim with the waves.

When we stayed in Gold Coast for a week, we spent every afternoon in Surfer Paradise, baking our skin until the sun melted to the ocean. We didn’t really back out even though we met two head sized jellyfish next to us. And that was only the surface.

Anyway, being alive is to do what we like to do..
I won't ask much, not luxurious life and splendid posh holiday destination, but
a golden tan, happy faces and priceless pictures.. :)


Pasir putih ombak bergulung, membuih
Derunya sampai ke seberang, ucap selamat datang
Suasana alam tropika, kegembiraan aneka
Lelambaian nyiur pun memanggil nada suara hati
Bau hangat pasir menyapa nafasku
Sejauh kaki melangkah, tak lepas memandang
Ramainya orang bersuka, jaka dara tua muda
Melepas lelah jiwa sehari dan menghibur diri

(Pasir Putih, Kla Project)