Sunday, April 02, 2006

Senses

Original Post Date : October 26, 2005

Visited Funan IT Center on Saturday and Sunday, not for shopping or gadget seeing, but to meet few people. Saturday we went to few places; Ausa shop to get the replacement for my broken octopus; the spare regulator. The outer plastic had been broken, can be used but not safe. I couldn’t figure out what caused it, it was located near my chest and I didn’t feel being bumped into anything (If I did…ooops! Ouch!), turned out it happened to other customers too (product faulty) and I got replacement from softer material.

We met Froggie there. Hadn’t met him for quite sometimes, we had quite a lot to talk about, as usual, he cracked us up. From Ausa, we went to Funan, visit a dive shop there and then Army market (Singapore version of ITC/Tanah Abang/Pasar Minggu) to buy something, then off we went to another shop. Very productive day indeed. Busy busy busy.

Sunday, we met another person in Funan, settle few things and buy traveling toiletries, all cute and mini size.
Yesterday, I did some paper preparation, printing, clipping, and chopping for homemade logbook.

Just remember that next week is holiday week. Sniff, but we only have one-day holiday for Lebaran. One day! It’s not even enough to visit original siblings. I envy those who stay in Jakarta, Malaysia etc. While you are having fun, remember us who stuck in office.
Next week we also have Hindu holiday, Deepavali. So, work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Tuesday and Thursday off. Weekend, work, off, work, off, work, weekend. How working mood it would be?! :)

Talking about that, there are too few holidays here, lah! The longest we have is Chinese New Year, how long?? Two days! T-W-O! Pedit! It’s not enough to touch everyone, hugs, kisses..mhehehe…yiii…

But frankly, I hate being touch by people I’m not familiar with. I hate being touched accidentally or (not!) by strangers. There is one colleague of mine, almost everytime she passes my table, she would toel my neck. Damn..! It sends goose bump all the way to my brain. If she was a he, whoshhh….Super Sanya Tiga…!

“What’s eating you? Bugger off!” I told her somethingggg like that, but few days after, she would forget that I don’t like it. I also strongly don’t understand the purpose (and the purpose why abang2 monyong like to toel girls at any chance they get. What is so satisfying about a finger tip but make them a low and annoying human being?).

So, I hardly, almost never, hold hands with my girl friends. I would taken aback when they did it to me, or wrapped their arms around my shoulder, but slowly I knew that it should be a good sign, that they felt comfortable with me, and I learned to get used to that and expressed my way of feeling comfortable with them. (by picking on them (nyelaaa))
But actually, it would be good to have more touch with friends (the right kind of touch of course) and family. For us, we never get used to hug each other. No wayyy…. except with parents on our wedding days?

The only usual touching thing we do is punching each other. Not only action, but it’s also awkward to say “I love you” in my mothertongue language. I discussed this with my friend from the same hometown and we agreed it doesn’t sound humane. Kekekeke.

Imagine if I hug my brothers and say I love you, they would look at me as if I was crazy and say,

” What’s eating you? Bugger off!”

Maybe I’ll teach my kids (ce-e-lah, standing by the window looking at the future), so they can use hugging to communicate. It says; I miss you, I love you, I care about you, I’m here for you, I’ll be your friend always, Count on me, ..bla… many things that are difficult and too complicated to say in words.

Out of topic,.. (Anyway, I have never had a clear topic).....

My friend has just broken up with her boyfriend. I had a chat with the colleague who gave me 50 snoopies (in my old story) and found out he doesn’t intend to get married at all. I’ve seen the way my sister coped up with her husband and kept straight face however others might say that she made the wrong choice. I’ve heard my colleague and boss fooling around outside marriage and they treated it as fun.

My friend : If a man tell me that they would love a girl from personality instead of appearance, I won’t believe them, at all.

My colleague : I don’t see the importance of marriage. I love my freedom, and the idea of sharing my life with another person doesn’t sound very appealing to me.

My other colleague : It’s ok that I fool around, as long as I always go home and my wife doesn’t know. Anyway, I never treat them (affairs) seriously or have any feelings for them. It’s just for fun and variation. In that way, we would be happier in our marriage.

My boss (previous): Looong story.

Hmmm.

If only I could say this one is right, this one is wrong, but there’s no such thing. Everything is in shades of grey, relative and different in every case.

But I still believe there are ‘personality’ nice decent guys and girls everywhere, so I could only tell my friend not to give up or make do with the wrong person in a rush. (What a preacher I am! ;)