Sunday, April 02, 2006

Time has changed (Doooh..!)

Original Post Date : October 28, 2005

Another person, that makes it more than half a dozen, had complained again about the size of my pictures, I mean, the size of my face in the pictures. I’ve tried to put in bigger face, but I pulled it again.

They say, if you have your pictures all over the house, it’s a good sign, so you are a confident and social person. I’m confident, I’m quite social, but I’m not maniac…Hehehhehehehe…

I don’t really like seeing my pictures being displayed. It just feels strange that there’s someone looked like me and do the same thing with me and I can see her looking at me even when we are not catching our eyes (I’m being an idiot, right?). Anyway, I felt like destroying the TV in malls when they captured the images of people passing by. And believe it or not, I haven’t watched my wedding video, can’t help it.

I’ll try.

I read from newspaper, that tomorrow we might be able to see Mars. I’m quite skeptical about that.., from my house there are too many buildings in the horizon, my bedroom window is even worse, I can see my opposite neighbors digging their nose. I can always go out, but not in the mood. But I’d love to see Mars.

I think I believe there are aliens. Mhehhehe…It’s just to naïve to think that we are the only living advanced animal in the universe. See, we have Mercury to Pluto around the sun. We have many other sets like that inside the galaxy (Bimasakti?). And there are many other galaxies, then there is one and only civilization? In Earth? Yeah, right.
I always like astronomy, my category of astronomy is looking at the stars, the positioning, collecting pictures of planets and space exploration. That’s why I was very pissed off to know that moon landing might be fake! How about a little girl’s (now kind of ol…ehm...more mature) dream to become astronaut?

I don’t know whether it was a dream or not, I think it was.., I saw an UFO (sounds like a dream right.. Mahhaha :)), flying in the sky behind my house in my home town. It was a saucer shape (predictable), silvery with red lights. The thing is, I had never watched or heard or saw anything about that before. I didn’t even know it was an UFO.
My younger brother also told me one day, he saw something round, red and very huge in the sky. I waited in the deck with him until our sleeping time, but didn’t see anything. He was seven maybe eight that time, he wouldn’t lie to me, unless, maybe, he saw sunset? :D

Or, maybe, he saw Mars. Hmmmm..

But, no matter how I like space, I hate Star Wars and Star Trek. Hate is a strong word and I use it. I know it’s not fair, since I’ve never watched them fully. But I sure can tell that I hate it when I couldn’t stare at the TV/movie screen for continuous five minutes?

Out from space. Jump.

I feel world nowadays is in favor for women.
Let’s see.

Woman wearing man’s cloth: Tomboi, Sporty, Sexy, Masculine
Man wearing woman’s cloth: Bencong, Crazy, Nuts

Woman being extreme: Feminist
Man being extreme: Male Chauvinist Pig (MCP, I swear, this is a proper/formal term here)

Women tell dirty jokes: Dirty Jokes
Men tell dirty jokes: Sexual Harassments

Few days ago, I had lunch with two girls and one guy. Out of nowhere, we were talking about anatomy.
G1 : I always think that female’s anatomy are created nicely. They are in shape; everything is proper and designed well. But for guys…it’s like…
G2 : I think so too… they are ugly.
G3 : Out of shape.

G1 : Yeah, I think they are not well arranged…
G2 : Like they were created in the rush.., last minute work…
G3 : And low budget.

I remember one of my friend (Hi, if you remember) told me that she wondered why men are associated with extreme and adventurous sports, while their anatomy are definitely not as practical as girl. Like, horse riding. Isn’t it…uhm…uncomfortable…uhm….ngeganjel???

G1 : Yes… I agree. I don’t think they should always be the one who associated with those type of sports…I mean.., they are attached with…hmmm…on… here and there....
G2 : Not proper..
G3 : And low budget.

My guy friend just sat there speechless, all he could do was grinning. I think three of us, from different characters are just nice to be combined as a group. Group from hell. Today we’ve just cornered another guy. He is a very very neat guy, and we convinced him that he would find a wife with opposite character; sloppy, dirty, kinky.... We had analyzed, testimonials, living samples etc…at the end of the lunch, he wanted to be a bachelor forever…

Living here, I think women have much more advantages. Men say, it costs a lot to get married, but costs much much more to be divorced. Women here comfortable wearing short skirt, tank top, you can see my belly, you can see a lot, you can see everything if you try harder, but for the men, they can’t enjoy the sights too obvious. They can’t stare intensely; they can’t colek2 or suit2 if they don't want to spend sometime in jail. That’s why when they go to neighboring country, like Batam, I used to meet respectable-polite-well-dressed looking Singapore men behaved like the most extreme abang2. “Suit-suit…Ah girl! Lai-lai.. bla … bla.. bla…

Middle aged men here, are famous for their wives (in plural form). Not too far, my dad’s friends, two at least, my ex-boss, they have two wives outside the primary marriage, and they are strategically located, in different countries. But it’s not really the privileges of men only anymore. There are lots of cases where middle age women, keep toy boys in other country too, again, like Batam. And they pay all their affair expenses with their husband’s money. Nah.

Happy Lebaran for those who celebrate, for those whose today is the last working day until don’t know when. Enjoy… :)