Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's All In The Game

Original Post Date: November 22, 2005

My colleague just poured her heart to me. Whoa, I meant ‘curhat’.

She was in the mid of confusion about complicated relationship. She has not even begun, so it was just the game of shooting and answering.
Gosh, fifteen minutes I talked and listened to her, I realized, I might be too old for this game.
It’s a bloody tiring-mind-reading type of game.
I like this guy; does he like me?
He said this, what did he mean?
He wanted to hold my hand, should I let him or shouldn’t I?
If I said I was not ready, what would he take it as?
What would happen to the friendship? Would it be the same? What if I made the wrong decision?


P.S: Woman’s mindset is as complicated as a puppy tangled in long and long gulali. :)

Men might say ‘I want to pee’ and they mean it, but we might think that You need an excuse, you want to have sometime out, you need space to clear your mind or… something is trapped below, … and finally we think that you might really need to pee.

Sorry, I know this is not a crystal clear example. :)

Huayah!

Sometimes I looked at my single friend, and thought, It must be exciting to have those gabruk gabruk in the heart while playing in this game, but mostly I remember, it might be exciting, but much of the time it was also hurtful and restless. So, I think, I prefer this way. The fifteen minutes already did some damage in my peaceful mind, brought me back to the past for a while, and made me even more thankful than what I used to be, that I don’t need to play much anymore, I hope?


Many a tear has to fall
But it’s all in the game
All in the wonderful game
That we know as love
You have words with him
And your future’s looking dim
But these things your heart can rise above
Once in a while he won’t call
But it’s all in the game
Soon he’ll be there at your side
With a sweet bouquet
And he’ll kiss your lips
And caress your waiting fingertips
And your heart will fly away

(Nat King Cole)

Bombay....

P.S: Gue lagi laper berat, dikantor lagi gak ada cemilan sama sekali, akhirnya cuman ngemil teh (?!?) dan jadinya makin lapar…! Kemaren di Bali tiap habis nyilem makannya tempe goreng mulu slurppp, sekarang jadi makin pengen yang aneh2, tempe goreng, bakmi, bakso, martabak, sop buntut, pecel lele, otak-otak yang mahalan dan bahkan spesifik otak2 yang cepean… Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..laper laper laper laperrrrrrrrrr….