Sunday, April 02, 2006

First Impression

Original Post Date : December 08, 2005

Is it true? Am I so misleading?

For those who don’t know, I have another life. There is a place I like to visit at work, a cyber writing community where I make friends and learn harsh languages. :)
I stopped longing in for half a year, because bla bla bla…I talked about it in my earlier post, then last week, I started to show up again.

To my surprise, many of them are still remember me, and there were many warm touching welcomes flying around, make me feel really special.
Then I started to mingle around, throw jokes and post story.
I got two surprises today, from two guys who I considered as my best pals.
One was hoping that I wouldn’t be offended with his new story, as it was dark and nasty. When I read the story, I love it. He is a grandpa who most of his stories were about his grandchildren, sweet, childish and nice. And he afraid that if he wrote differently, I would scared of him.

Second, he is about thirty and handsome (!), decent and nice guy. He asked me what had happened when I was gone, because the new me was different, (I just posted one dark story), and I threw snappy jokes, when he remembered I used to be sweet and gentle. (Kekkekeke…)
I think back, maybe I was less frank because I was quite new and I didn’t know how was the style of their language then, and coincidentally, my old stories were ‘normal’ types.
And then again, I realized that many of my friends said that I’m not the same with my first impression. Most of my testimonials said so, mahahhahaha…
Of course I would be quiet when I first know someone, and smile politely, tokh?? Some said it’s my face, what about it? I was born that way…

If I haven’t known that person yet, I can’t anyhow picking or making fun of them, and I seldom talk with someone I just met. So, I might appear like sweet, quiet and gentle person (Hang on on your lunch, more are coming).
And they said that I’m not the right person to mess up with. Hmm….Coooooooooool…!
I like that one, really, although I’m not sure I have beaten up someone or quarreled with them. But, I think nobody will stand still if you treat him or her badly. Those Korean dramas with pretty girls keep being bullied and bullied, just smile and tearfully stand under the rain are not real, mind you. They are paid for that.

So, don’t believe on first glance. First impression matters, but first impression is the impression you get when you already spend at least one two hour exchanging words, not just looking from far, that is first glance.

First glance is hardly right (except mine, I always right.. mhehehe), so don’t believe in love at first sight!

______________________________________________________

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- Oscar Wilde

It is a good idea to be more intelligent that you seem. It is easier to appear more stupid than you are.
- Origin Unknown

It is better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Don't be humble. You're not that great.
- Golda Meir

Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped.
- Sam Levenson

Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose.
- Unknown

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: Never try.
- Homer Simpson

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of---but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.