Sunday, April 02, 2006

Reaching 30

December 06, 2005

So our office went for site visit on Monday.

Compared to schools I had attended, this one has so many facilities that made me drool; tennis courts, football, basketball and netball fields.
I stood beside the railing overlooking the blue basketball field and dreamt about those sweaty dazzling guys (they may not come in one package, I mean there must be a few sweaty-only guys…ew.. and few dazzling-only ones).
So, those sweaty dazzling were nice to see, but I wouldn’t like the idea to stand too close to them. They said the more handsome a guy, the smellier he is, while the more beautiful a girl, the trickier she is. Again, 1-0 for us.

On the second thought, school that huge might not always be good to. It would be difficult to bump into someone you want to bump to on the way, intentionally or not. Although I was also standing beside the hostel window looking out to the football field and dreamt about the same scenery. Wondering how many more years it takes before I’ll be too ‘mature’ to get the questions,” Sekolah dimana?” Mhahhaha….
But I think those kind of questions really depend on how blur the askers.

When I was in Senior High, I went to my youngest brother’s school, he is five years younger than me, and they thought that I was younger than him. Before my head became too big and my grin was wider than ear to ear, some customer in my parent’s shop asked me,” So, how many children you have?” Shit happens.

Hey, the girl who asked me was twenty years old and she had three kids dangling on her hands, that’s how it works for them…. Right? Right?

Anyway, other than age. I was asked one in the bus,” Neng orang Sunda atau Jawa?”
Buset. Muke Cina gini kurang jelas apa. I thought he was joking, but then that guy looked so sincere. Berarti apalagi kalo bukan katarak abis….

Or in here, I kept saying that I don’t understand Mandarin, yet they kept talking cing cong wa cong eh lah lah, ended up it was so noisy that I just said yes to everything and got don’t know what kind of food.

I was not angry, because they called me ‘Siomay’ or ‘Siaw-Mei’ and even ‘Ah-Girl’, which means Little Girl or Young Lady.

Katarak or not, sometimes I need that. Kekkekeke….:)


____________________________________________________

When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something.
- Anonymous-

I don't shit in your office so don't write on my walls.
- The Janitor

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away.-Philip K Dick-

You must understand, I am a dishonest man. And you can always trust dishonest men to be dishonest. Honestly.
- Captain Jack Sparrow-

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain

If you can't annoy somebody, there is little point in writing.
- Kingsley Amis